Each Teacher Institute in American History session:
· Engages teachers in an authentic interactive learning environment
· Expands teachers’ knowledge of our nation’s founding principles and their role in developing citizenship skills
· Explores American history from multiple perspectives, including European, Native American, and African American
· Models instructional strategies that engage multiple learning styles
· Uses interdisciplinary lessons that promote literacy and historical analysis skills
· Provides instructional materials in a variety of media that meet history/social studies standards
The Teacher Institute in American History and Content Area Literacy session:
· Expands teachers’ knowledge of significant eighteenth-century economic, political, and social events that led to American independence from Great Britain
· Explores European and African interactions including folklore, ideas, and other cultural contributions that helped to shape and define the American character
· Models how to develop students' abilities to use higher level critical thinking skills through the use of primary sources and technology
· Teaches how to create lessons focused on nonfiction reading and writing skills, note-taking, writing to learn, writing to teach others, and for public speaking and debate
· Provides instruction on how to draft, revise, edit, and publish demonstration texts aimed at supporting students’ informational writing skills
Cost per session is $2,200.00 per person.
For additional information about the Colonial Williamsburg Teacher Institute, please refer to the following links:
General Program Information
During six-day sessions on location in Colonial Williamsburg and the surrounding area, 25 participants and a Master Teacher engage in an interdisciplinary approach to teaching social studies with American history as the focus. Teachers have the opportunity to exchange ideas with historians, meet character interpreters and become part of the story in The Revolutionary City. Throughout each day, teachers work collaboratively with Colonial Williamsburg staff and Master Teachers to examine interactive teaching techniques and develop instructional materials that bring history to life in the classroom.
Cvent Online Event Registration Software | Copyright © 2000-2017 Cvent, Inc. All rights reserved.