Yoga & Psyche - Where Somatic Experiencing Meets Yoga April 21-23, 2017 - Flyer
Somatic Experiencing® is at the cutting edge of trauma treatment and embodiment practices worldwide. Yoga is scientifically and anecdotally proven almost universally to be beneficial for all levels of physical, psychological, and spiritual well-being at all ages and stages of life. This training offers a theoretical and experiential exploration of how blending these two highly complementary modalities supports deep unwinding of trauma in the body, personal and relational healing, self-awareness, and thriving.
This workshop will introduce students—novice through advanced—to the foundational principles of Somatic Experiencing® through explanation, demonstrations, and partner work. We will then discover how these practices blend seamlessly with yoga, including asana/postures, breathwork, meditation, and visualization. Through this highly experiential immersion, students will:
• Understand and review core practices of Somatic Experiencing including resourcing, titration, and pendulation
• Discover how to bring core practices of Somatic Experiencing into yoga practice and teaching in order to receive and offer deeper psycho-somatic benefits
• Explore the emotional level of yoga asana and discover how to utilize yoga practice to process trauma
• Learn to use yogic practices to enhance therapeutic work with clients
• How Tantric yoga philosophy and practice seamlessly links yoga and Somatic Experiencing
The immersion can be taken in-person or at a distance from anywhere throughout the world.
This will be will be a 3-day intensive workshop offered in-person in Marin County, CA, or at a distance (via video).
There will be two 3-hour livestream sessions before and after (included in your registration payment) to prepare, integrate the core course content and allow time for questions and dialogue.
Pre-Training Webinar - April 5, 2017 11:00am - 2:00pm PST
Training - April 21 - 23, 2017 9:00am - 6:00pm PST
Post Training Webinar - May 3, 2017 - 11:00am - 2:00pm PST
During Registration please mark if you will attend Live or via Video. Webinars will be recorded if you are unable to attend live.
All new or seasoned professionals in the Mental Health, Somatic Experiencing, and Yoga fields are welcome.
For Cost Details please visit our "Fees" Tab.
Friday, April 21, 2017 - Sunday, April 23, 2017 9:00 AM - 6:00 PMPacific Time
Best Western Corte Madera Inn56 Madera BlvdCorte Madera, California 91925USA415-891-5012
Elizabeth Steed Blevins
Cvent Online Event Registration Software | Copyright © 2000-2016 Cvent, Inc. All rights reserved.