This course is designed to provide the critical care nurse with an advanced understanding of the components and operation of the Nx Stage® System One. In addition, the course will provide instruction and practice in troubleshooting alarm
conditions and the performance of common procedures.
1. Review class objectives and criteria for successful completion of course.
2. Provide an in-depth review of the Nx Stage components and operating mechanisms.
3. Identify advanced concepts for troubleshooting blood circuit alarms.
4. Discuss advanced concepts to identify and troubleshoot fluid circuit alarms.
5. Review and practice common and uncommon procedures.
Continuing Education Credit:
3.75 Contact hours will be awarded to nurses who attend this program in its entirety and complete the course evaluation.
University of Colorado Hospital is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Colorado Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
The members of the Planning Committee and the Faculty have attested for this continuing education event:
-They do not have a vested interest,
-There is no commercial support,
-There is no commercial sponsorship and
-There is no endorsement of products.
Requirements for successful completion of the educational activity:
-Required attendance at 100% of activity
-Submission of evaluation form