When CUNY Citizenship Now! began in 1997 as a service to CUNY students, no one could have imagined how much we would grow. Seventeen years later, through our centers and events, we have helped more than 100,000 New Yorkers on their path to U.S. Citizenship.
Each year, Citizenship Now!:
- Partners with the New York Daily News in an annual week-long call-in, utilizing over 300 volunteers to provide information to more than 12,000 callers.
- Helps immigrants attain permanent residence and U.S. citizenship at six centers located throughout New York City.
- Utilizes the service of more than 400 members of the NYC/CUNY Citizenship Now! Volunteer Corps, the largest legal service volunteer effort in the nation.
- Holds bimonthly citizenship clinics throughout New York City, helping 75-125 permanent residents at each event complete naturalization applications.
- Helps thousands of parents of New York City school children become U.S. citizens in partnership with the NYC Mayor's Office of Immigrant Affairs.
Every contribution helps one permanent resident become a U.S. citizen.
Contributions are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. All proceeds support services to New York immigrants.