This course is designed to prepare the certified dental assistant to properly apply dental sealants in the dental practice. Participants should bring a sample of the sealant material used in your office and bring as many extracted teeth as you can in a sterilization pouch.
This board approved lecture/hands-on course satisfies the 8 hour CE requirement from the Ohio State Dental Board for CDA's to perform this function.
Required Document Checklist. Please fax (614-688-3188) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) by February 3.
• Current Health Care Provider CPR card
• Current Certified Dental Assistant certification (DANB or CODA)
• Completed Medical History/ Emergency Contact Form
Proof of vaccination or immunity for the following:
• Hepatitis B
• Influenza vaccination (annual - dated between August 2016 - February 2017)
• TB Skin Test - current (within one year) negative tuberculin skin test (Mantoux) or, if positive history, a negative x-ray.
• TDAP - current (within 10 years) adult tetanus/diphtheria/acellular pertussis
• MMR - measles, mumps, rubella
(proof of positive titer is acceptable)
• HIPAA Training
• OSHA/BBP (Training and quiz)
Closed toe shoes (tennis shoes recommended)
During the clinical portion of the course, students will be both operator and patient as you will practice the techniques on a classmate.
Comments from previous course participants:
"Very good and informative course. Great instructor!"
"Clinical was fun. I love the hands on..."
"Great instructor. Knowledgeable and down to earth."
"The instructor was great. I really enjoyed the lecture and I learned a lot."
Saturday, February 11, 2017 8:00 AM - 5:00 PMEastern Time Zone
Add to Calendar
Postle Hall305 W. 12th AvenueColumbus, Ohio 43210
Get Driving Directions
OSU Continuing Dental Education
Cvent Online Event Registration Software | Copyright © 2000-2017 Cvent, Inc. All rights reserved.