Speaker: Scott Stevens, Certified Dentrix trainer and a dental office manager
SESSION 1: HOW TO GO CHARTLESS
CE Hours: 3 Lecture
Have you already decided you want to go chartless or paperless? If so, you know that you'll need to make a plan, set a timeline, and train your team. You also know you'll need to invest in new technologies such as document scanners, electronic signature pads, and a secure data backup system. But you may still be wondering, "Where should I start? Which clinical and practice management processes should I change first? And, how can my practice management software help me?'' This course will introduce a practical phased approach for creating a chartless or paperless practice using the features in your practice management software.
- Know which practice processes to change first and why
- Understand when and how to convert existing paper charts
- Learn how to manage incoming paper forms, letters, and other documentation
- Know what challenges to expect and how to address them
- Be able to create a custom plan that's right for your office
SESSION 2: CONTINUING CARE
CE Hours: 3 Lecture
Dentrix provides a flexible way for you to monitor your patients’ pending dental care. You can create continuing care (CC) types for which you can control the name, time, visit interval as well as the provider. Allow Dentrix to track your patients so a staff member does not have to.
- Learn how to set CC defaults and types for an individual patient
- Determine how to assign procedures codes to a CC type
- Understand how to attach CC to appointments, print CC lists and reminder post cards
- Be familiar with the CCC setup
- Learn how to effectively communicate with patients regarding their CC appointments
Participants should be familiar with Dentrix but do not need to have experience with the Continuing Care section of Dentrix. This session is designed for users with either minimal Dentrix experience (typically 1-6 months) or a desire to get a solid review of the basics.
The Henry Schein Dental grant has been applied to this program. Recommended Audience: Dentist, Hygienist, Assistant, Office Staff
Class is subject to cancellation if enrollment is not met. Call (800) 342-8747 ext. 250 for information on cancellations due to inclement weather. Free cancellation up to 10 days prior to course date.
Friday, April 4, 2014
Session 1 - How to Go Chartless
Registration: 8:00 am
Seminar: 8:30-11:30 am
Complimentary lunch provided by Henry Schein Dental: 11:45 am-12:30 pm
Session 2 - Continuing Care
Registration: 12:30 pm
Seminar: 1:00-4:00 pm