If you are an actuary who supports risk-focused examinations, this course has been designed especially for you! Under the risk-focused
examination approach, it is expected the examining actuary will be more
involved throughout the examinations process. This course will prepare
actuaries to be more effective in supporting examinations.
this training provides an examining actuary with some basic knowledge
of risk-focused examinations, it may also be beneficial for the
examining actuary to have some familiarity with the NAIC Financial Condition Examiners Handbook.
presented in this training are the same as those performed by the state
financial examiners and contracted examiners. Most concepts are general
enough to be applicable to all lines of business. Specific examples are
prepared and discussed from a property/casualty perspective.
course is open to appointed actuaries and interested parties
(industry). Examiners-in-Charge and other supervising examiners may
benefit from this training by gaining a better understanding of how they
should be integrating the actuary into the examination team.
• Review phases of Risk-Focused Examinations
• Present an Examining Actuary’s role in each phase, to include:
- General procedures performed
- Refresher of key concepts
- Documentation expectations
• Highlight the Examiner-in-Charge’s (EIC) role and responsibilities in certain areas
• Defining scope within a State Insurance Department engagement letter/contract for services
One-Week, Internet-Based, Non-Instructor-Led Course
Please register at least 2 weeks in advance of your desired start date.
Cvent Online Event Registration Software | Copyright © 2000-2016 Cvent, Inc. All rights reserved.