This session will equip charter school business and finance staff to proactively review the soundness of their current employee policies and procedures, including their payroll practices, to ensure compliance with state and federal requirements for charter schools. We will cover hot topic areas that have previously been a source for litigation and audit findings for charter schools and develop solutions to reduce the risk of those events in your school.
Participants will be guided through learning and group discussions that will empower them to:
- outline the expectations for employment agreements that applies to Texas charter schools and how hiring and dismissal decisions should be approached;
- apply the various federal and state requirements around payroll practices to their charter school operations; and
- review the appropriate way that all employee documentation should be handled to meet state and federal requirements.
Target Audience: Business Officers, Chief Financial Officers, and other charter school staff with fiscal or business responsibilities.
Preferred Conference Hotel:
Hampton Inn & Suites Pharr
300 West Nolana Loop
- Special TCSA rates starting at $84.00 USD/Night!
- Free shuttle to airport and training location
- Free hot breakfast and Wi-fi
- Sign Up yourself of your group HERE.
If you want additional options, download a list of area hotels !Hotel List
For Information on Fees and FAQs - Use the Navigation Menu on the Right Hand Side of This Page Next to the Title.