From 17-19 March 2017, the three-day Festival of fun and learning will reach new levels, with a fully refreshed educational program including many new educational workshops and a series of fully refreshed workshops to further enhance the knowledge and enjoyment of luxury motor yacht owners.
Our new workshops span the full spectrum of marine education – from night navigation and safety at sea through to a new fishing clinic, and we have also added a special new Skippers Program for those aged 18-25 years. Also new is the seminar Living the Riviera Dream – the joys and rewards of extended cruising, detailing an amazing odyssey of over 5000 nautical miles around the Pacific onboard the luxurious Riviera 61 Enclosed Flybridge, Communique.
Of course our most popular workshops return with brand-new content and hands-on activities, and we will also display our latest luxurious designs on the water with a red-carpet showcase of our latest luxury designs, as well as Riviera Express factory tours of the largest luxury motor yacht facility in the Southern Hemisphere, where the new Riviera Sports Motor Yacht is now under construction.
We look forward to welcoming you here to the home of Riviera at Coomera on Australia’s Gold Coast from 17-19 March, 2017.
Last year’s award-winning Festival of Boating was something pretty special but wait until you experience all the exciting activities and events we have planned for our new March dates in 2017.
Opening hours for 2017
Friday 9.00am - 4.00pm
Saturday 9.00am - 4.00pm
Sunday 9.00am - 4.00pm
Please note that attendance at all educational events requires Registration on the 2017 Festival of Boating website.
Tickets to all social events can be purchased online via the Register Now button. Please book early to avoid disappointment.
To make changes to an existing booking - please click here. If you require assistance with your booking, please click here.
The Riviera Festival of Boating offers both introductory and advanced courses to suit all degrees of seamanship and boating knowledge and will be presented by nautical trainers with a wealth of boating wisdom and experiences.
Riviera 61 Enclosed Flybridge Owners
Open/Offshore Master Class 5 Captain
Chief Engineer Australian Maritime Safety Authority
Master 1 Captain
Weatherwatch Senior Meteorologist
Electrical/Electronics Dealer And Owner Care
Coxswain, Master Class 5, Marine Engine Driver 3 and 2
CZone Application Engineer
Australian Volunteer Coast Guard, Southport Flotilla
Riviera Electrical And Electronics Manager
Volvo Penta Product Specialist and Key Account Manager
Riviera Aftermarket Manager
Managing Director, Twin Disc (Pacific)
Seabreeze Industries Services Manager
Club Marine National Relationships Manager, NSW State Manager
PPG Industries Australia Marine Manager (ANZ)
Master Class 5 Captain, Marine Engine Driver II
Cook, Author, Presenter
Riviera Owner and Dealer Care Director
Master Class 4 Captain, Marine Engine Driver 1
Festival Workshop trainer
Master Class 4 Captain, Marine Engine Driver I
· The under 25’s Skippers Club
· Navigating at night
· Knots, lines and hitches
· Living the Riviera Dream – The joys and rewards of extended cruising
· Understanding radar
· Fishing clinic
· Safety at sea
· Ask an expert about your classic Riviera
· Weather fundamentals
· Advanced weather forecasting
· Fire training and emergency planning
· Emergency protocols and procedures
· First aid essentials
· Safe towing, anchoring and rafting
· Radio communications – Distress, marine assist, Safetrix and AWQ
· Australian waters qualification
· Local direction, IALA buoy age system and collision regulations
· Traditional navigation 1 – Passage planning
· Traditional navigation 2 – Positioning
· Mastering the simplicity of CZone
· Onboard power systems
· Mastering the glass cockpit system
· Preventative maintenance and discovering the professional tricks of the trade
· Ladies skipper program– Tender handling
· Ladies skipper program – Start-up, helm station and berthing
· Skippers on water – Start-up, helm station and berthing
· Offshore seamanship
· Experience pod drive propulsion with integrated joystick and glass cockpit navigation
· Experience the Twin Disc express joystick system
· Experience a Seakeeper gyro stabiliser at work
· Riv Kids Skipper Program
· Understanding desalination
· Know your generator
· Troubleshooting and preventative maintenance for sanitation and air-conditioning systems
· Guided factory tours – Aboard the Riviera Express
· Getting the most out of your marine insurance cover
· Understanding the science of anti-fouling
· Interior décor and styling
To download a PDF version of the 2017 Riviera Festival of Boating Timetable please click here
To download a PDF version of the 2017 Riviera Festival of Boating Program please click here
EVERYTHING YOU NEED FOR YOUR NEXT SEASON
ON THE WATER
New March dates for the Riviera Festival of Boating ensure we continue our close collaboration with the Gold Coast International Boat Show & Marine Expo - which moves in 2017 to become the first major event on the Australian boat show calendar.
With over 600 yachts and boats on display both on the water and on land, and with many of the world’s leading marine brands and businesses amongst over 230 industry exhibitors, the Gold Coast International Boast Show is a massive marine showcase of everything you need to have fun on the water.
The show helps raise funds for local service groups and charitable organisations and please note that you need to purchase your Gold Coast International Boat Show & Marine Expo tickets to gain access to the Festival precinct.
Please note that you need to purchase an admission ticket to the Gold Coast International Boat Show & Marine Expo to gain access to the Riviera Festival of Boating. Special multiple day ticket prices are available to enable you to come and go as you like across the three days of the Festival and Expo, and enjoy all that there is to see and do. These ticket prices are: $15 – one day, $25 - two days and $30 – three days. Tickets may be purchased at the Gold Coast International Boat Show & Marine Expo welcome gates upon arrival or through the show website gcboatshow.com.au.
Riviera Australia partners with world-leading businesses and brands to ensure your boating experience is easy and enjoyable.
OUR PRINCIPAL FESTIVAL PARTNER
OUR FESTIVAL PARTNERS
OUR INDUSTRY FESTIVAL PARTNERS