Online Registration is closed, to register, please call 937.252.9787.
This three-day series has been designed specifically with valuable information, skills and techniques for newer managers, supervisors, and employees seeking to advance into their first leadership role. Participants will learn through lecture, discussion, practice activities, exercises & case studies.
Day 1 Outcomes
At the conclusion of day one, participants will be able to:
• Describe the challenges in moving from peer to leader/manager/supervisor
• Assess a performer’s skill and motivation and apply the appropriate leadership style
• Explain the four primary communication styles and modify one’s own style to more effectively communicate with others
• Conduct disciplinary discussions that improve performance and maintain a positive relationship between the leader and performer
Day 2 Outcomes
At the conclusion of day two, participants will be able to:
• Describe and apply strategies for preventing and addressing conflict in the workplace
• Plan, organize, and manage time and activities in accordance with one’s most important priorities
• Recognize the symptoms and causes of stress and apply techniques to lessen the impact of stress
• Prepare for and conduct an effective interview and selection process
Day 3 Outcomes
At the conclusion of day three, participants will be able to:
• Recognize the many forms of diversity and leverage the strengths of a diverse team
• Describe learning styles and adopt specific methods to better serve the needs of team members.
• Discuss generational differences and identify strategies for leading across generations
• Incorporate purposeful team-building events and activities
• Develop a post-session action plan with key areas of opportunity for growth
This course is approved for 1.8 IACET CEUs.
03/20/17 - 04/03/17 8:30 AM - 4:00 PMEastern Time
Sinclair Conference Center444 W. Third StBldg 12Dayton, Ohio 45402937.252.9787
Cvent Online Event Registration Software | Copyright © 2000-2017 Cvent, Inc. All rights reserved.