Empowering Writers will provide the “how” for delivering direct instruction in revising and editing. Take the mystery out of grammar, mechanics, and spelling by attending this action-packed training. Come away with so much more than just “skill and drill!”
This workshop is geared for any teacher responsible for teaching editing and revising with a focus on grades 3 & 4.
• Understand the parts of speech and how they are truly the building blocks of language!
• Learn effective strategies for revising run-on sentences, eliminating redundant ideas, and using transition words and phrases!
• Explore hands-on-activities designed to make learning grammar fun!
• Take away powerful test-taking strategies that produce savvy test-takers!
• Simplify spelling to guarantee student SUCCESS!
• Receive classroom sets of student books that address both the readiness and supporting TEKS covered on the STAAR!
• Learn how to plan and pace instruction across the school year.
Click here to view workshop flyer
Thursday, February 2, 2017 8:30 AM - 3:30 PM
Add to Calendar
Holiday Inn Express13501 Raceway DriveNorthlake, Texas 76262USA
Get Driving Directions