The General Counsel WEST Conference is a one day event, designed to provide in-house counsel with cutting edge information on how to handle some of the most difficult corporate and legal issues of today. Strategies and processes will be discussed in terms of today’s corporate and legal challenges, giving attendees practical take-away action items to implement in your companies.
Earn up to 6.5 MCLE Credits!
KEYNOTE ADDRESS: Taking a Seat at the Strategy Table
Senior Vice President
Chief Legal Officer
SanDisk, ranked on the Fortune 500 & S&P 500, possesses one of the top ranked patent portfolios in the world. Consider the expertise shared from one of the most respected executives in the legal industry, as Eric Whitaker discusses the nuances of being part of a leading company’s core strategy team, looking to take the business to the next level, while paying close attention to all the legal concerns, both nationally and internally, that surface along the way.
| Aric Press |
Senior Vice President
Aric Press became Vice President, Editor-in-Chief of ALM in November 2010. Before that he served as editor in chief of The American Lawyer since 1998. Press joined ALM from Newsweek where he had been a writer and senior editor for 19 years. In his new role, Press serves as ALM’s senior editorial officer. During his tenure at The American Lawyer, the magazine increased its frequency, broadened its reach, and developed a digital platform. The magazine also expanded its signature surveys to include a report on the finances of the Am Law Second Hundred and the Global 100, started a Diversity Scorecard, and created an influential A-List issue, which is credited with helping to encourage an increase in big firm pro bono activity.A native of Cleveland, Press is a graduate of Cornell University and New York University Law School.
- State of the Legal Market 2014 from Aric Press, Senior VP and Editor-in-Chief, ALM
- Keynote - You at the Strategy Table
- Trade Secrets and the Cloud
- Trends in Executive Compensation, Proxy Disclosure and Related Shareholder Litigation (Pillsbury Winthrop Pittman Shaw)
- Effective Use of Technology-Assisted Review
- Managing the Global Legal Department: Deals, Disputes, and Designs in the Asia-Pacific Region (Nixon Peabody, Squire Sanders, Major Lindsey & Africa)
- Leading from the Gray Zone - the non-lawyering aspects of running a legal department in times of transformation and ambiguity
- Data Privacy and Security
Breakfast, Breaks, Lunch Provided.
Thank you to our Advisory Council,including Michelle Banks, Executive VP & GC, The Gap Inc. & Delida Costin, GC, Pandora Media, for their invaluable input on topics.