Gifted Education Resource Institute (GERI) at Purdue University is
an innovative center
dedicated to the
discovery, study, and development of
human potential. Founded
by John Feldhusen
in 1974, GERI’s mission is holistic
development of giftedness, creativity, and talents
among individuals throughout their
lifespan. This is accomplished through enrichment programs for gifted, creative, and talented youth;
for future scholars and leaders; professional
development and coursework for educators of gifted,creative, and talented
students; and cutting-edge research in psychology and education
related to giftedness, creativity,
and talent development.
Intellectual Challenge - GERI classes are small, challenging, fast-paced, and interactive.
Talented and Caring Staff - Our teachers
thrive on sharing their knowledge
and experience with students.
Friendships - GERI attracts
a diverse group of gifted, talented,
and creative people from all over the world! You will find
friends who share your interests and love of learning.
Independence - With supervision, guidance, and support from the GERI staff to help you adapt and thrive, you
will live in residence
halls, learn in university classrooms and labs, and take
advantage of Purdue’s cultural
and recreational facilities, just like college students.
Fun - GERI camp counselors make time outside of class rewarding through
activities including night at the movies,
basketball, bowling, scavenger hunts, game
tournaments, and field trips.
Outstanding Facilities - Purdue is a world-class research university, and GERI students have the use of state-of-the-art laboratories, computing facilities, and a variety of libraries.
Read over all of the information before you begin.
1. Click "Start Application" Your application is not complete until you hit submit on the last page.
2. The program fee covers room and board, meals, tuition, textbook and course materials, field trips, limited medical insurance and GERI T-Shirt. The fee does not cover incidental expenses, optional afternoon and weekend activities or transportation to and from Purdue University. A tuition deposit of $100.00 per student is due with the application and will be refunded only if the student is not accepted into the program contingent upon eligibility and class availability. Application fee of Payment is will not be added until you are accepted into one of the summer programs.
3. Upon acceptance an invoice will be emailed to you.
4. Fill out all questions in their entirety and please select the the class for session you would like to attend
5. Apply early -those who register between February 1 and April 30,2017 will receive an early bird discount of $100.00 off.
Cvent Online Event Registration Software | Copyright © 2000-2017 Cvent, Inc. All rights reserved.