Aramsco + Interlink Header Graphic 770px

Hands-On Rug Cleaning for Your Market | Lorton, VA | September 26-28, 2017

About This Class

Hands-On Rug Cleaning for Your Market | Lorton, VA | September 26-28, 2017

Instructors: Doug Heiferman & Scott Warrington

Special Points of Instruction

Hands-On Rug Cleaning for Your Market makes sure you achieve an understanding of the types of rug that are present in your locale, the processes and chemistry need to properly clean those rugs. The class also covers pre-inspection, learning to avoid potential problems.

Each student will receive $200 credit toward the purchase of Bridgepoint rug washing products allowing them to return home and began implementing what they have learned.

Pricing for the class $695.00

$100 for early registration at least 15 days before the class begins. (By September 11 for the Lorton class.)

Aramsco / Interlink Supply of DC | 8245-G Backlick Rd | Lorton, VA | 22079

Day One- 2 PM – 6 PM Tour of local rug washing facility; Tour of local rug gallery (This tour is an optional bonus. Students are encouraged but not required to attend.)
Day Two- 8 AM – 5 PM Mix of class room and hands-on instruction about rug washing.
Day Two- 6:30 PM – 8:30 PM – Marketing Your Rug Washing Services – Another optional bonus segment. We will discuss how to analyze the local market for rug cleaning and how to market to grow your business.
Day Three- 8 AM – 5PM Hands on Rug cleaning


*Each student will receive $200 credit toward the purchase of Bridgepoint rug washing products allowing YOU to return home and began implementing what YOU have learned. 
*This class is mainly hands-on rug cleaning 2 ½ days. Qualifies for 2 IICRC Continuing Education Credits.
*Students are encouraged to bring rugs for cleaning. These can be problem rugs, rugs that are contaminated with urine, colors that may bleed, rugs that may shrink. Students learn to overcome fear of washing such rugs by actually cleaning rugs under expert supervision. Due to space and time restrictions, we appreciate it if rugs are 5’ x 8’ or smaller.


Overview 
Students learn by observing multiple rug cleaning processes and then by cleaning rugs themselves. Over 2 ½ days they will learn how a rug washing plant can be set-up, learn the language of rugs to be able to talk intelligently with potential clients, develop skills to professionally clean rugs and market those services in their local area. It is ideal for those considering entering the field of rug washing or who wish to expand their skills and grow their business. just starting and for seasoned professionals seeking IICRC certification. Approximately 25% of the course is taught in the classroom by PowerPoint, lecture and group discussion. The remaining 75% is hands-on cleaning and observation. 

Key Topics 

Basics of rug identification
Rug Construction
Understanding what products are safe & effective for use on wool
Pre-inspection process
Setting up a rug washing plant
Tools and equipment for rug washing
Options for dry soil removal; hands-on
Multiple washing methods are discussed, observed and then practiced hands-on
Drying rugs
Professional Spot & Stain Removal Procedures
Analyzing and selling to your local market
Add-on services

Special Points of Instruction  
Hands-On Rug Cleaning for Your Market makes sure you achieve an understanding of the types of rug that are present in your locale, the processes and chemistry need to properly clean those rugs. The class also covers pre-inspection, learning to avoid potential problems.  

*Each student will receive $200 credit toward the purchase of Bridgepoint rug washing products allowing them to return home and began implementing what they have learned. 
NOTE: The first full day includes an evening marketing session. Class ends at 5PM and then reconvenes at 6:30 PM. Many students choose to join the instructors and fellow students for dinner

Time & Location

  • When

  • Tuesday, September 26, 2017 - Thursday, September 28, 2017
    2:00 PM - 5:00 PM

  • Where

  • Aramsco/ Interlink Supply of DC
    8245-G Backlick Rd
    Lorton, Virginia 22079
    USA
    703-339-1703

  • Capacity

  • 30 (30 remaining)

Contact Information

Please contact Daphne Livingston with questions.
Email: dlivingston@aramsco.com
Phone: 321-236-6427 or 800-767-6933 x6427

Outlook Outlook
iCal iCal
Google Google
Yahoo! Yahoo!
MSN MSN
Top