Programs provided to TMLIRP member entities only at no additional charge.Registration Required
One of the greatest exposures to emergency services personnel for serious injuries or fatalities occurs while conducting duties on or near roadways. Highway Traffic Control for Emergency Responders helps emergency responders identify roadway exposures; improve decision making skills; understand the proper use of traffic control techniques; and be proactive in the use of pre-planning strategies.
Goals and Objectives: Highway Traffic Control for Emergency Responders provides information to help prevent injuries to emergency responders who work along roadways.
Participants will be able to:
• Improve understanding of the Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices as it pertains to emergency responders
• Recognize the need for advance scene notifications, devices, and the effect of device location
• Recognize the proper use of traffic control devices and techniques
• Understand correct vehicle and apparatus placement
• Be familiar with proper selection and use of personal protective equipment
• Understand how to effectively coordinate the overall scene among various responding agencies
Who Should Attend: Full-time and volunteer fire management and uniformed personnel, EMS, and police departments. Other personnel, such as public works and utility employees, who may be dispatched to the scene of an incident.
Note: Fire Department personnel may receive Level 2 continuing education credit. Volunteer firefighters may receive State Firemens's and Fire Marshals' Association (SFFMA) certification credit. Law enforcement personnel may receive TCOLE credit.
Thursday, December 8, 2016 8:00 AM - 12:00 PMCentral Time
Add to Calendar
Port Neches Central Fire Station606 MagnoliaPort Neches, Texas 77651
Get Driving Directions
TMLIRP Loss Prevention
30 (18 remaining)
Cvent Online Event Registration Software | Copyright © 2000-2016 Cvent, Inc. All rights reserved.