This event has been cancelled. If you have any questions, please contact the event planner directly.
Come join a baking and pastry chef for some baking fun and to learn some favorite holiday cookie classics. This will be a hands-on workshop that will produce several popular cookies that may enhance your holiday or any special occasion. Focus will be on proper mixing, baking, decoration techniques and storage of these cookies. So come and join us in producing some holiday classic cookies that can be enjoyed by friends and family this holiday season and throughout the year.
Cookies to be made will be based off of some European classics with an American flair. Each participant will have the opportunity to work hands on in the formation of these cookies and leave with a nice assortment of approximately two dozen cookies. Please bring a container for transport.
Participants will enjoy learning to make some of the following cookie recipes:
- Linzer Sandwich Cookies made with thick fruit jam, almonds, and haselnuts
- Gingerbread Cutout Cookies made with royal icing and fresh decoration ideas, including the flooded decorating technique
- Crisp French Meringue Cookies are crunchy, low in fat cookies that are swirled with chocolate or fruit powders to elevate
- Biscotti are crunchy Italian classic almond biscuits that are great for dipping
- Pinwheel Cookies made with colored sugar cookie dough with nuts and sugar then braided, baked, and cut into shapes
This is great course for friends or family members looking to enjoy some time together while experiencing something new. This course requires no previous kitchen or cooking experience. Due to the nature of this course and the work performed in our professional kitchen, participants must wear long pants, long sleeves, and flat closed-toe shoes. The course length is approximate and will vary with size of class and other factors.
This course is suitable for ages 14+.
Browse our GETCreative Course Catalog and Schedule to find what you are interested in.
Saturday, November 12, 2016 10:00 AM - 2:00 PMEastern Time
Add to Calendar
The Art Institute of Pittsburgh420 Boulevard of the AlliesPittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15219(412) 291-6200
Get Driving Directions
Cvent Online Event Registration Software | Copyright © 2000-2016 Cvent, Inc. All rights reserved.