Hot Topic: How to follow up confidently after attending networking events
Is this you?
You feel pretty confident walking into a room and have little trouble chatting to existing and new contacts.
‘’BUT how effective are you turning those ‘chats’ into real business opportunities?’’
• ‘’The vast majority of my audiences admit they struggle making that follow up call’’.
• “They won’t remember me”
• “I don’t want to be too pushy”
• “Not sure what to say”
There is a long list of excuses but the simple reason the call isn’t made is fear of rejection
But if you did spot something in your conversation where you believed it was worth following up and you don’t, then dare we suggest attending any networking event could all have been a waste of time?
Topics covered include
• Discovering potential opportunities
• Establishing present relationships with existing advisors/ suppliers
• The power and etiquette of other peoples’ business cards
• Body language and planned responses when listening
• Setting up the next stage at the business event
• Analysing and overcoming your fears of the follow up call
• Preparing and planning for the call
• What to say to the gatekeeper, the voicemail , the prospect
• Dealing with the various responses when they don’ t say “yes”
• Understanding the massive difference between following up professionally and pestering
• Getting to the meeting of new and existing clients
Please click here for a full list of upcoming pro-manchester events
Will Kintish qualified as a chartered accountant in 1971 and was in general practice for the next 30 years.
At the start of the 21st century he changed his career and since then has shown thousands in the academic, professional and financial communities how to become more effective and confident networkers. Networking is fundamental to one’s success yet so many people fear this activity. Will shows you how to overcome all your fears and concerns when working the room, how to spot lots of potential opportunities and how to follow up in a professional manner.
With the ubiquitous use of social media, social networking and mobile devices, the quaint and old-fashioned face-to-face relationship is fast losing the communications race. Will speaks loudly that the old fashioned way still has to be the best for building rapport.
He has been awarded the Professional Speaking Award of Excellence the highest accolade available in the speaking profession.. Whether he runs workshops, speaks online ‘to the computer’ or gives keynote speeches he communicates with passion, enthusiasm and lots of humour. He will tell you it’s his birthday every day. “Well after 30 years in the wrong job it would be would be your birthday every day too” he quips.
Tuesday, 29 November, 2016 08:00 - 09:30GMT Time
Add to Calendar
DLA PiperOne St PetersManchester M2 3DEUnited Kingdom
Get Driving Directions
Cvent Online Event Registration Software | Copyright © 2000-2016 Cvent, Inc. All rights reserved.