Intended for dental office managers, dental hygienists, dental assistants, receptionists, front office staff and dentists to establish proper protocol and workplace standards.
Laurie LaBrie, president, Integrated Human Resources, Inc. and has experience helping small business owners address all of their staffing issues
Kathy Pauze, national lecturer on office management and administration systems, founder of Pauze Systems Development office and office administrator, The Center for Pediatric Dental Care, Brookline
SESSION 1: EMPLOYMENT LAWS AND RISK MANAGEMENT
There is no way to manage your risk until you know what it is. This interactive review of employment risk and industry regulations will allow you to make educated decisions and will be your first step to creating a safer and more productive practice.
- Review BORID regulations and uncover requirements to follow when hiring employees
- Identify potential business and employment risks within your practice
- Create a list of the most frustrating/distracting employee issues
- Facilitate discussion to establish best human resources practices throughout your business
SESSION 2: EMPLOYEE POLICIIES AND EMPLOYEE FILE DOCUMENTATION
This class will outline necessary policies and procedures to make managing a team easier. Using basic employee documentation as a foundation, we will use class member examples to run through policy implementation.
- Review a variety of employee manual and office policies
- Establish performance and behavior metrics within your practice
- Develop a written information security policy
- Achieve a general understanding of the recent Massachusetts privacy laws
SESSION 3: RECRUTING AND RETENTION
To run your office efficiently it is essential to attract, hire and develop great team members. This class covers the skills to interview, hire and support team members through well written job descriptions and competitive benefits packages.
- Design job descriptions
- Create compelling ads to recruit qualified team members
- Understand the hiring and interview system
- Be familiar with compensation and rewards
SESSION 4: PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT AND TERMINATION
Managing the performance of any team can be challenging. This class covers the training, teaching and accountability systems necessary to coach your team.
- Appraise performance
- Increase your coaching and discipline skills
- Implement team accountability
- Develop termination proficiency
Recommended Audience: Assistant, Dentist, Hygienist, Office Manager
Class is subject to cancellation if enrollment is not met. Call (800) 342-8747 ext. 250 for information on cancellations due to inclement weather. Free cancellation up to 10 days prior to course date