In light of the recent release of the new State Accountability System for public schools in Texas, it is an important time to revisit what charter schools can do to support their teachers and systematically provide content-based leadership that improves learning outcomes for students. One means to do that is through instructional coaching and leadership. Instructional coaching is fundamentally about teachers, teacher leaders, school administrators, and central office leaders examining practice in reflective ways, with a strong focus on student learning and results as the ultimate barometer of improvement.
This session will equip charter school officers, administrators, and teachers to implement principles of instructional coaching to facilitate and guide a school-based professional learning program for groups of teachers in specific content areas. These groups focus on the intersection of school and student needs and district reform initiatives with the goal of building a professional learning community that supports collective leadership, continuous improvement of teaching practice, and, ultimately, improved student learning.
Participants will be guided through learning and group discussions that will empower them to:
- Plan out effective coaching programs that respond to particular needs suggested by data;
- Implement improvement efforts to target issues such as closing achievement gaps, supporting teachers across career stages, and advocating for equity (e.g., through differentiated instruction); and
- Use the relationships between coaches, principals, and teachers to create the conversation that leads to behavioral, pedagogical, and content knowledge change.
Target Audience: Superintendents, Chief Academic Officers, Principals, and teachers.
Group discounts available if you register more than 3 individuals. 20 % discount/ticket will be applied on all registrations for all ticket types. Think about including an entire teaching team for your district!
Preferred Conference Hotel:
Hampton Inn & Suites Pharr
300 West Nolana Loop
- Special TCSA rates starting at $84.00 USD/Night!
- Free shuttle to airport and training location
- Free hot breakfast and Wi-fi
- Sign Up yourself of your group HERE.
If you want additional options, download a list of area hotels !Hotel List
For Information on Fees and FAQs - Use the Navigation Menu on the Right Hand Side of This Page Next to the Title.