The cultural program is an interactive and artistic way of keeping our Jain traditions, heritage and values alive. These traditions have been followed for the last 36 years at each biennial JAINA Conventions. our Jain community will be presented an opportunity to showcase their talents while maintaining our Jain traditions and heritage through this program.
INVITATION TO ALL JAIN CENTERS TO PARTICIPATE IN "JAINA Sparks Rediantly” Culture Program
July 2017 is approaching faster than we know it and with it comes your opportunity to reunite with family, old friends, make new friends, and even build lasting memories. Part of these lasting memories involves you and your individual Jain Center’s unique and inspiring talents at Jaina Convention 2017. We invite your Jain Center to showcase your talent by participating in exciting Cultural Program entitled “JAINA Sparks Radiantly (JSR)”. The convention 2017 theme is “Jainism and Science”. We are expecting over 6,000 attendees from North America and around the world. What better way to participate in this global convention of family and friends? JAINA will SPARK with your Jain Center’s amazing talents!
1) Entries representing our global Indian culture may include dances of traditional Classical, Fusion, Indo-Western, Folk, and Modern Indian origin and can be a single item or a medley.
2) Each Jain center can submit up to two entries (the time limit for each item is 3-5 minutes and each item must have a group of six (6) or more participants (no individual performances). Center may combine two entries into one and have 6-10 minutes. Each entry time will depend upon number of Centers participate.
3) Entries must be appropriate for JAINA Convention family attendees including young children. Note: Lyrics must be appropriate and suitable for all ages (avoid certain Bollywood item numbers).
4) Selected entries will have final approval by the Cultural Committee based on artistic appeal, choreography, originality, synchronization and music.
5) The deadline for the submission of the initial application is Jan 31, 2017 with audition tapes due on or before Feb 28, 2017. Final decisions will be made and communicated by Mar 31, 2017.
6) All participants will also take part in the Grand Finale focused on Convention 2017 theme “Jainism and Science” and our Indian Heritage.
For information and application write to email@example.com.
Each application should include the following information:
· Name of Jain Center
· Name and contact info for lead choreographer
· Dance category / music type (please share the song name if already selected)
· Number of anticipated participants
Leena Shah, Paurav Vora and Divya Jain Gunvant Shah
Culture Program Committee Convener
Cvent Online Event Registration Software | Copyright © 2000-2017 Cvent, Inc. All rights reserved.