The American Lawyer is proud to present The 5th Annual LAW FIRM MARKETING & BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT LEADERSHIP FORUM. Plan now to be in New York on May 13-14 to join thought leaders from the most successful, innovative firms today.
Paul F. Mickey, Jr.
Steptoe & Johnson LLP
Anne Malloy Tucker
Chief Marketing Officer
Hunton & Williams LLP
Theme for 2014:
Law firms are responding to the changing legal marketplace by recalculating their value propositions and rethinking their mix of services, geographic footprints and service delivery systems. This evolution is prompting the creation of new executive leadership roles - ranging from Chief Strategy Officer and Chief Pricing Officer to Department Operating Officer and Head of Client Relations - that CMO/BDOs will want to be poised to fill. This is our profession's moment to step up to the plate and serve as the change agent that takes our firms to the next level.
Topics Under Discussion Include:
• Understanding the “Cycle of Expectations”
• Organizational Leadership: Effective Integration of Firm Structure and the Executive Team
• Avoiding the “Shiny Penny Syndrome” – Recruiting, Integrating and Retaining Laterals
• Big Data: What Does it Mean to Your Law Firm?
• Pricing Structures and Strategies: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
• Competitive Intelligence/Marketing Position – What you do with it once you have it in hand
• Inverting the Business Development Model
• Recruiters' Round-Up