Registration for this event is closed. If you have any questions, please contact the event planner directly.
Anyone interested in running a profitable beef, sheep, meat goat, or swine operation should sign up for the 2014 Livestock Home Study Courses. These courses are perfect for beginning producers and a great review for seasoned producers.
Why Home Study?
- You can study and learn about livestock production practices in your own home on your own time schedule.
- You receive one-on-one assistance from a course instructor.
- The course worksheets are designed to help you analyze your own individual operation. (If you don’t yet own livestock, simply answer the worksheet questions based on what you plan to do.)
- You will gain a better understanding of the basics of livestock production.
What Is The Cost?
Courses mailed through the postal service cost $85. Courses taken through internet/email cost $50. Internet/email participants may also purchase a CD of materials for an additional $25.
- Basic Production
- Selection Principles (Beef Course)
- Health Issues
- Marketing Your Livestock
- Financial Information
How Does The Course Work?
- Choose the course(s) you would like to take (Beef, Sheep, Meat Goat, or Swine).
- Lesson materials will be mailed or emailed on February 5. Postal participants receive a CD of materials.
- Read lesson materials weekly for six weeks.
- Read the lesson materials, then complete the lesson worksheet.
- Send the worksheet and any questions to the course instructor.
- The course instructor makes comments and suggestions and returns worksheet to the participant.