CE Hours: 3 Lecture
Speaker: Leopoldo P. Correa, BDS, MS, associate professor and head of dental sleep medicine section of the craniofacial pain, headache and sleep center, Tufts University School of Dental Medicine
This seminar will include an overview of dental sleep medicine and what it means to the everyday clinician to include this treatment option in their office. Participants will learn elements of dental sleep medicine including classification of sleep disorders, use of various oral appliances in management of snoring and obstructive sleep apnea, and critical elements for patient examination, and long term follow up.
- Understand the basics of sleep medicine
- Gain an overview of normal sleep physiology
- Understand the different sleep breathing and non-breathing sleep disorders
- Understand the causes and consequences of snoring and obstructive sleep apnea
- Evaluate the head, face, neck, and airway as they relate to sleep-disordered breathing
- Understand the use of oral appliance therapy for the management of snoring and obstructive sleep apnea
Recommended Audience: Dentist, Hygienist, Assistant
Class is subject to cancellation if enrollment is not met. Call (800) 342-8747 ext. 250 for information on cancellations due to inclement weather. Free cancellation up to 10 days prior to course date.