Establishing a system to track and measure the process and outcomes of patient- and family-centered care is critical to creating and sustaining successful change in organizational culture. Providing this information in useful and compelling ways is important to assuring the support and commitment of senior executives and boards of trustees; it is also important to the work of patient and family advisory councils. Useful resources, dashboards, and other tools are shared.
• Discuss ways to collaborate with patients and families in developing a system to track the process and impact of advancing the practice of patient- and family-centered care;
• Describe specific tools for measuring patient and family perceptions of care in hospital and ambulatory settings;
• Describe dashboards and annual reports that provide useful profiles of patient- and family-centered practice, patient and family advisory council(s), and other collaborative endeavors; and
• Discuss additional resources and organizations engaged in measuring patient- and family-centered practice and the partnerships with patients and families.
Beverley H. Johnson, President and CEO, Institute for Patient- and Family-Centered Care, Bethesda, MD, provides technical assistance and consultation to advance the practice of patient and family-centered care in hospitals, health systems, federal, state, provincial agencies, military treatment facilities, and community organizations. She assists hospitals and ambulatory programs with changing organizational culture, facilitation of visioning retreats, and the integration of patient- and family-centered concepts in policies, programs, and practices, quality improvement, patient safety, as well as in facility design and the education of health care professionals. Bev served on the Selection Committee for the American Hospital Association-McKesson Quest for Quality Prize and is currently a member of the Board of Directors for the Patient-Centered Primary Care Collaborative (PCPCC).
Who Should Attend:
• Patient and family advisors/leaders
• Administrative and clinical leaders
• Directors of quality and performance improvement and other quality improvement personnel
• Patient experience/patient relations personnel
• Directors and coordinators responsible for implementing patient- and family-centered initiatives
• Physicians, nurses, and other staff
• Risk and safety personnel
• Human resources personnel
• Staff educators
$99 for Pinwheel Sponsors
Institute for Patient- and Family-Centered Care
Cvent Online Event Registration Software | Copyright © 2000-2016 Cvent, Inc. All rights reserved.