Where: Hamline University - Anderson Center - Rm 112
774 Snelling Avenue North
Saint Paul, MN
When: Thursday, June 19,
9 am - 5 pm
Cost: $99 for regular admission until June 10 ($125 after) and $49 for students.
Credits: This event is approved for credits through LA CES, AIA CES, and GRP.
Attendees will receive presentation materials, lunch and coffee breaks, a USB key containing over 350 technical papers from GRHC conferences (a $195 value), and a complimentary copy of Living Architecture Monitor ? the green roof and wall magazine.
Who Should Attend:
This event is presented in partnership with the Minnesota Green Roofs Council.
Green Roofs for Healthy Cities and the Minnesota Green Roofs Council invite you to the Minnesota Green Roof Symposium: Protecting Our Watersheds.
Hear from expert speakers such as (clockwise from top-left):
Attendees will have the opportunity to learn about:
- The benefits of green roofs, including their capacity to manage stormwater and improve the quality of water entering watersheds
- Emerging green roof design practices
- New opportunities to advance the Minnesota green roof industry
- Examples of green roofs thriving in Minnesota
- Effective policies that encourage investment in green roofs
The Symposium is a great opportunity to help shape the future of green roof development in Minnesota. The event will bring together public, private, and NGO stakeholders to explore how to make Minnesota a leader in the application of green roofs to benefit the environment and economy.
Questions about the event? Interested in sponsoring or exhibiting? Contact Paul Erlichman at 416-971-4494 ex. 223 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
8 am - 9 am: Registration
9 am - 9:30 am: Michael Krause, Principal, Kandiyo Consulting, LLC & Chair, Green Infrastructure Foundation
"A History of Green Roof Policy in Minnesota"
9:30 am - 10 am: Steven Peck, GRP, HASLA, Founder & President, Green Roofs for Healthy Cities
"10 Proven Ways to Make a Green Roof Pay For Your Clients"
10 am - 10:30 am: Jeffrey L. Bruce, Principal, JLB & Associates & Chair, Green Roofs for Healthy Cities
"Kansas City's New Performing Art Center Green Roof Doubles As State of The Art Stormwater Utility"
10:30 am - 10:45 am: Continental Breakfast Break
10:45 am - 11:15 am: Angie Durhman, Owner, AD Greenroof LLC
"Making a Case for the Target Center's Green Roof"
11:15 am - 11:45 am: Mark Andrew, Founder and President, GreenMark Enterprises LLC
"Environmental Sponsorships and Green Infrastructure: A Target Field Case Study"
11:45 am - 12:15 pm: Steve Riedel, Trade Specialist, Minnesota State Trade Office
"The Growing Global Markets for Minnesota Water Technology Companies"
12:15 pm - 1:15 pm: Lunch on Trade Show Floor
1:15 pm - 1:45 pm: Karen Jensen, Environmental Analyst, Metropolitan Council
"The Minnesota Stormwater Manual and the MIDS Calculator"
1:45 pm - 2:15 pm: Wes Saunders-Pearce, Water Resource Coordinator, City of St. Paul
"Managing Runoff Into the Mississippi with Green Infrastructure"
2:15 pm - 2:45 pm: Anna Eleria, Water Resource Project Manager, Capitol Region Watershed District
"The Role of the Watershed District in Promoting Green Infrastructure"
2:45 pm - 4 pm: PANEL DISCUSSION: Advocating for green roofs as a stormwater management best practice in Minnesota
- State Representative Jean Wagenius (invited), Chair of Environmental, Natural Resources, and Agricultural Finance Committee
- Anne Hunt, Environmental Policy Director, Mayor Chris Coleman’s Office, City of St. Paul
- Peter MacDonagh, FASLA, LEED AP, Owner and Director of Design + Science, Kestrel Design Group, Inc.
- Angie Durhman, Owner, AD Greenroof LLC
- Steven Peck, GRP, HASLA, Founder & President, Green Roofs for Healthy Cities
- More panelists to be announced.
4 pm - 5 pm: Cocktail Reception on Trade Show Floor
Cvent Online Event Registration Software | Copyright © 2000-2014 Cvent Inc. All rights reserved.