Studies show that kids ages 8-18 are spending an average of 7.5 hours a day in front of some screen; with that, the crimes associated with these ever changing technologies and social media quickly follow and evolve- maybe faster then we can keep up with. Today, working with and keeping our youth safe means being constantly aware of what they're doing online and figuring out ways we can help them have a safe, productive experience with technology. Attendees will leave with a good understanding of current app and social media trends- how and why they're being used- along with hot topic issues such as sexting, cyberbullying, and solicitation through new mediums.
This workshop is approved for 3 hours of Continuing Education Credit for the following organizations:
*This workshop will be offered twice: once in the morning and once in the afternoon. You are currently registering for the MORNING session.
Katie L. Greer has provided nearly a decade of Internet/technology safety education to schools, law enforcement agencies, community organizations, and at national conference throughout the United States and Canada. Her unique professional, education, and personal background has resulted in dynamic programs aimed at protecting children. Her experience includes:
- Recognized national expert in Internet/digital safety and technology, advising various governmental and private agencies
- Former Intelligence Analyst, Massachusetts State Police
- Former Director of Internet Safety, Massachusetts Attorney General's Office
- Presented to hundreds of thousands of students, parents, educators, and child protection professionals across the country
- Featured in USA Today, TIME Magazine, Good Housekeeping, Parents Magazine, CNN, Inside Edition and many more
Tuesday, June 20, 2017 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Dallas Children's Advocacy Center5351 Samuell BlvdDallas, Texas 75228
Get Driving Directions
Cvent Online Event Registration Software | Copyright © 2000-2017 Cvent, Inc. All rights reserved.