Conference support provided by NASA Research & Education Support Services (NRESS).
The NASA OPAG Workshop will be held at the Renaissance St. Louis Grand & Suites, St. Louis, MO from March 29-30, 2012. Attendees will convene in Salons 5 and 6 in the Landmark Ballroom, located on the the Concourse Level of the hotel on Thursday, March 29, 2012 per the agenda provided by Dr. Curt Niebur and Dr. William McKinnon. (See driving directions and Floor Plans below.)Please register early for this event online to ensure adequate facility and refreshment. Enter your full name and affiliation as you would like for it to appear on your name badge for the event. Register
Hotel Accommodations • A block of sleeping rooms is currently on hold for all participants attending the NASA OPAG Workshop at the Renaissance St. Louis Grand & Suites Hotel until Monday, March 12, 2012, the deadline for reservations.• The Renaissance St. Louis Grand & Suites Hotel is located at 800 Washington Avenue, St. Louis, MO 63101. • For your convenience and to ensure that your office and family can contact you, the hotel’s phone number is (314) 621-9600. The guest fax number is (314) 621-9601.
• Rooms are held within the group block for two (2) nights, check-in is 4:00 p.m. on Wednesday, March 28th; check-out is 12:00 noon on Friday, March 30th. The hotel will extended the group rate on shoulder dates prior to and following the event based on availability.
• Internet is available to all NASA Outer Planets Assessment Group Workshop overnight guests complimentary as part of the sleeping room rate.
• Housing will be in high demand, it is strongly advised that you check availability and secure accommodations to the event early. Please note that all attendees will be fully responsible for obtaining, managing, canceling, and incurring the cost of all expenses relative to one’s respective lodging reservation.
• Please make a reservation within the group block on or before Monday, March 12, 2012 at online or by phone at 1(877) 303-0104. When you call, please supply the reservation agent with the group code “NASA OPAG” to receive the group rate of $99.00 per night plus 17.74% Tax. Rooms are available at the group rate on a first-come, first-served basis.• Provide the reservations clerk with your full name, credit card number and expiration date to cover the cost of your room and incidental expenses. • All reservations must be accompanied by a first night room deposit and guaranteed with a major credit card. The hotel will not hold any reservation unless secured by the prescribed method. Cancellations must be made 24-hours in advance prior to your arrival date to avoid a cancellation penalty. • For your convenience, you may also make sleeping room reservations within the group block on-line by accessing the URL link below:
• Reservations by attendees must be received by the hotel on or before Monday, March 12, 2012 (the Cut-Off date or deadline). After the deadline, the hotel will release all unreserved sleeping rooms for sale to the general public at market rates, and determine whether or not it can accept reservations based on a space-and-rate available basis at thegroup rate.
Local Airports (Please Note: All cab estimates below are for one-way travel.)• Lambert St. Louis International Airport (STL): Located about 14.7 miles from the hotel and generally costs $20-$38.00 by metered taxi. Travel time is about 20 minutes by car in low-congestion traffic.Driving DirectionsFrom Lambert St. Louis International Airport follow Interstate 70 East for approximately 15 miles to downtown St Louis and exit at Broadway (one way street). Continue on Broadway to Washington Avenue and turn right. The hotel is two blocks up on the left side of street across from the America's Center Complex at 8th Street and Washington Avenue.
Amtrak• Amtrak also services the downtown St. Louis, Missouri Metropolitan Area with a stop point at the convention center, located 2 city blocks from the Renaissance Grand Suites Hotel. For specific station hours, rates and information please explore the Amtrak website under the “browse by region” section at http://www.amtrak.com
• Metro Transit System - The St. Louis Metropolitan Area Transit Authority is highly regarded by local residents as clean, safe and user friendly to visitors. From the “Lambert International Airport Terminal # 1 or #2 Metro Stations” take the Metrolink train to the “Convention Center Metro Station” located 1 mile from the hotel. To obtain exact fare information, maps, and door-to-door directions to other points of interest, access the Trip Planning Tool at: http://www.metrostlouis.org/Default.aspx
Transit Information representatives can help you plan your route including schedule times, transfers, and walking directions. Phone lines are open Monday through Friday from 7:30am to 4:30pmMissouri Phone: 314-231-2345 Illinois Phone: 618-271-2345 Missouri TTY: 314-982-1555 Illinois TTY: 618-875-1200
Meal Arrangements and Refreshments• A Day Meeting package for meals will be provided daily, which includes a morning refreshment break and an afternoon refreshment break. All refreshments will be served in the Washington Room.
• Refreshments will be provided on workshop to all participants; government participants please do not seek reimbursement from your agency or institution.
• Lunch and Dinner will not be served. However, a list of local restaurant establishments is attached.
• To ensure a hospitable experience and adequate accommodation, please provide information on any special dietary or medical requirements via email no later than 1 week prior to the event at email@example.com.
Parking• The Renaissance St. Louis Grand & Suites Hotel offers Valet and self-parking rates. Please note that these per car rates are subject to change without notice.• Valet parking is available at a rate of $28.00 daily maximum with in and out privileges. The current rate for self-parking is $14.00 with in and out privileges.
Sleeping Room Internet Rates• Internet is available to all NASA OPAG Workshop overnight guests complimentary as part of the sleeping room rate. • Complimentary wireless internet access is also available in the lobby. The NRESS support team look forward to working with you! Attachments: Floor Plans Metro Map Downtown ST. Louis
Thursday, March 29, 2012 - Friday, March 30, 2012 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM
Renaissance St. Louis Grand & Suites Hotel800 Washington AvenueSalons 5 and 6, Landmark BallroomSt. Louis, Missouri 63101USA(314) 621-9600
Monica Washington, CGMP
Cvent Online Event Registration Software | Copyright © 2000-2013 Cvent Inc. All rights reserved.