NCCN General Poster Session - Call for Abstracts
NCCN is now accepting abstracts for consideration to be presented during the NCCN 19th Annual Conference: Advancing the Standard of Cancer Care™ General Poster Session at the Westin Diplomat in Hollywood, Florida on March 13 - 15, 2014. NCCN welcomes original abstracts from investigators in the oncology community in the areas below:
- Best Practices in Implementation and Use of Clinical Practice Guidelines
- Quality Improvement
- Outcomes and Health Services Research
- Clinical oncology research trials (not restricted to NCCN member institutions or ORP funded trials)
We look forward to your original abstract submission. Please view submission requirements and instructions below for details and select "Submit Abstract" at the top or bottom of this page to continue with the submission process.
Please send any questions regarding the submission process to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Abstract Submission Deadline: Monday, December 9, 2013, 11:59 PM Eastern Standard Time (GMT -05:00)
Abstract Decision: First authors can expect to receive notification via e-mail in mid-January 2014.
The following must be completed during the submission process in order for your submission to be considered complete:
General Abstract Guidelines:
- Abstracts must be no longer than 2,500 characters without spaces including the title. One table may be submitted with the abstract and will count towards the 2,500 character limit. No figures will be accepted.
- Please download the NCCN 2014 General Poster Session Abstract Template. Submissions will only be accepted using this template. Completed abstracts must be uploaded through the link provided in your confirmation e-mail that you will receive after completing the online submission and payment process. The abstract template requires the following sections, with the optional addition of one table: (1) Background, (2) Methods, (3) Results, and (4) Conclusions.
- Study titles should be neutral and when referring to drug names, use the drugs’ generic names.
- Abbreviations should be used after first spelling out words to be abbreviated in the abstract.
- Authors may serve as first authors on only one abstract but may be co-authors on an unlimited amount of other abstract submissions.
- First authors and all coauthors must complete and submit the NCCN Abstract Disclosure Form provided. Completed documents should be uploaded or faxed to NCCN through the link or fax number provided in your confirmation e-mail that you will receive after completing the online submission and payment process. General Poster Session - Disclosure Form (Word)/General Poster Session - Disclosure Form (PDF)
- Any corrections to the abstracts must be submitted via e-mail to email@example.com by the first author prior to the Monday, December 9 submission deadline.
- A $50 non-refundable administrative fee, payable by credit card (American Express, Discover, Mastercard, or Visa) during the submission process, will be applied to all abstracts. Submissions from NCCN Member Institutions and fellows will only require a $25 non-refundable administrative fee.
Abstract Selection & Notification:
- Abstracts will be reviewed by the NCCN Abstract Review Committee based on the following criteria:
- Topic relevance,
- Methodological rigor, and
- Overall quality and clarity.
- First authors will be notified via e-mail regarding their abstract status in mid-January 2014.
- Accepted original abstracts will be published in the Journal of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network.
NCCN Annual Conference Registration:
- If your abstract is selected for presentation, you must register for the NCCN Annual Conference.
- No expenses related to the conference will be covered if accepted to present a poster (i.e. conference registration fee, travel, lodging, etc.). This is a poster presentation only (i.e. no oral abstract presentations, poster discussions, etc.).
- Study results should not be released in any public format, including but not limited to the press, presented at a conference, or published in a journal.
Prior Publication Policy:
- Original abstracts may be accepted. The abstract cannot have already been presented at any professional meetings or published in whole or in part in any journals.
- NCCN must be notified before authors of accepted abstracts discuss their results with the press.
- Accepted abstracts may be withdrawn up to Thursday, February 13, 2014.