This course is appropriate for rehabilitation professionals including PT/OT/SLP who work with a population of children with significant movement/postural issues including those with Cerebral Palsy. Participants should have practical experience and foundational knowledge in components of typical/atypical oral motor, feeding/swallowing, respiration/phonation and general movement development in providing services for infants and children with neuromotor involvement.
THIS COURSE OFFERS CREDIT TOWARD RENEWAL OF NDTA CERTIFICATION!!!
As a result of this activity, learners will be able to:
1) identify five primary areas that have impact on pediatric feeding and swallowing.
2) describe the areas to be investigated in the clinical assessment of oral motor, feeding/swallowing, and respiratory coordination function in infants and young children.
3) describe the essential components of comprehensive oral motor, feeding/swallowing and respiratory coordination intervention programming for young children with neuromotor involvement.
4) formulate appropriate goals for oral motor, feeding/swallowing, and respiratory coordination treatment planning.
5) describe and differentiate between the importance for both handling and positioning of the modification of oral motor, oral-pharyngeal, and respiratory function in intervention planning.
6) identify strategies which may be implemented in order to improve the function of the cheeks/lips, tongue, jaw and rib cage in children with neuromotor involvement.
COURSE TUITION IS $675, BUT SEVERAL DISCOUNTS ARE AVAILABLE. To know more, contact us at email@example.com or 888-798-6686
Friday, December 2, 2016 - Sunday, December 4, 2016 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Add to Calendar
MedCare Pediatric Group12371 South Kirkwood RoadStafford, Texas 77477USA888.798.6686
Get Driving Directions
Minds on the Move
Cvent Online Event Registration Software | Copyright © 2000-2017 Cvent, Inc. All rights reserved.