CE Hours: 2 Lecture
Speaker: David A Keith, BDS, DMD, professor of oral and maxillofacial surgery at Harvard School of Dental Medicine
Review the various causes of orofacial pain and the appropriate treatment strategies for each diagnosis. The use of narcotic and non-narcotic medications will be addressed, and best practices for individual pain management programs will be considered. The attendees will review effective pain management through the identification of patients at high risk of substance abuse, as well as counseling patients about the side effects, and other factors of their prescriptions.
- Understand the diagnosis of orofacial pain conditions
- Discuss appropriate pharmacological management of acute and chronic pain
- Review individual pain management programs
- Identify patients at high risk of substance abuse
- Recognize drug tolerance and physical dependence
- Adopt good practice strategies for record keeping, compliance, referral, and consultation
Recommended Audience: Dentist
Class is subject to cancellation if enrollment is not met. Call (800) 342-8747 ext. 250 for information on cancellations due to inclement wather. Free cancellation up to 10 days prior to course date.