The Peer Housing Specialist Training is designed to train individuals to outreach and engage homeless consumers, assisting them to attain housing and providing supportive services to maintain permanent housing. Research from the Housing First Model indicates that assisting consumers access and sustain permanent, affordable housing increases the likelihood of continued engagement in mental health services and a reduction in the use of substance. This program is intended to provide the knowledge and competencies needed to deliver peer housing services. The training requires the selected participant to comply with a 40-hour in classroom training attendance commitment, consultation/coaching attendance and monthly implementation tracking over a 6 month period post training.
Training Competency Modules:
How it Works:
Who Can Participate:
1. Registrant must be in a peer/paraprofessional level position such as a:
2. Must be employed or a volunteer within the public mental health system
3. Must have background clearance to work with mental health consumers and be in good standing with their corresponding agency
4. Must have direct access to working with consumers with housing needs
5. Priority will be given to registrants who meet at least two (2) of the following:
Pacific Clinics Training Institute2471 East Walnut StreetPasadena, California 91107626-793-5141
Cvent Online Event Registration Software | Copyright © 2000-2016 Cvent, Inc. All rights reserved.