Penn State Inaugural Engaged Scholarship Symposium
Tuesday, March 25, 2014 | 8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. | Nittany Lion Inn, University Park
A movement is underway at Penn State. And it's all about Engaged Scholarship — out-of-classroom academic experiences that complement in-classroom learning. Members of the University community are working on ways to elevate the role of engaged scholarship in undergraduate education and to create more opportunities for students to have such experiences.
Now is the time to learn more.
- What can engaged scholarship do for students, faculty, and Penn State?
- What is the priority of engaged scholarship from the perspective of University leaders?
- How can engaged scholarship impact learning and research?
- What are some examples and outcomes of engaged scholarship initiatives?
- What are best practices surrounding engaged scholarship?
Register by March 20 to attend the inaugural Penn State Engaged Scholarship Symposium on March 25, 2014. Unable to attend in person? Please watch the live stream at: http://wpsu.org/live/engagedscholars.
The symposium is open to faculty, staff, and students from all Penn State locations.
If you have questions regarding this event or accommodations, contact the symposium chairperson, Roxanne Shiels, at email@example.com or 814-863-5123. Please contact Tinamarie Illar at firstname.lastname@example.org or 814-863-5160 with any registration concerns.