Are you a patient or family advisor or a health care professional who partners with advisors? Do you want to explore how to strengthen skills and grow partnerships? Join Kelly Parent, IPFCC Program Specialist for Patient and Family Partnerships, and PFCC Program Specialist for Quality and Safety at the University of Michigan Health System, as she reflects on a decade of experience as a family leader and shares strategies for successful and rewarding advisor collaborations.
• Identify strategies to strengthen effectiveness as a patient or family advisor
• Examine opportunities to grow advisor partnerships into new areas
• Discuss challenges facing advisors and solutions to address these challenges
• Explore ways to engage mobile technologies and social media channels to enhance patient- and family-centered collaboration
Kelly Parent is the IPFCC Program Specialist for Patient and Family Partnerships and Administrator for the PFAC Network, IPFCC’s online forum. Kelly comes to IPFCC with a decade of experience leading patient and family engagement efforts at the University of Michigan Health System through the creation, implementation and evaluation of partnerships across executive, clinical, education, quality and safety, and research ventures. Kelly’s passion for patient- and family-centered care was established following her daughter’s cancer diagnosis which led her to serve as a volunteer family advisor and lobby Capitol Hill for increased funding for pediatric cancer research and health care programs for underserved children.
Who Should Attend:
• Patient and family advisors/leaders
• Coordinators responsible for implementing patient- and family-centered initiatives
• Patient experience/patient relations personnel
• Physicians, nurses, and other staff
• Quality improvement personnel
• Risk and safety personnel
$99 for Pinwheel Sponsors
Institute for Patient- and Family-Centered Care
Cvent Online Event Registration Software | Copyright © 2000-2016 Cvent, Inc. All rights reserved.