This workshop offers practical, easy-to-use guidelines related to item construction, determining the cognitive levels of items, test blueprint construction, item analysis statistics, linguistic modification, and much more. Test construction and item analysis often create angst for many faculty; this workshop provides the resources and tools to ease that angst.
- Describe the purpose of using a test plan blueprint.
- Explain the importance of aligning test items with unit objectives.
- Describe guidelines for writing correctly stated multiple-choice test items.
- Describe the concept of linguistic modification of test items.
- Identify the cognitive level of various test items.
- Explain the four steps in writing critical thinking test items.
- Describe the process of analyzing test items.
- Discuss ways to improve test items.
- Describe a testing policy and what might be included.