The program has been provided for 1 nursing contact hour. Denver Health is an approved provider of continuing education by the Colorado Nurses Association, and accredited provider by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. Denver Health’s organization approval expires on March 31, 2016. Provider # DHHA 0316.
1 EMS CEU is granted by Denver Health’s Department of EMS Education.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint sponsorship of The University of Colorado School of Medicine and Denver Health Medical Center. The University of Colorado School of Medicine is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The University of Colorado School of Medicine designate this lice activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit TM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extern of their participation in the activity.
Objectives for Denver health Trauma Lecture Series include:
- Improve regional outcomes for major trauma by the dissemination of knowledge and expertise regarding the care of injured patients.
- Recognize current multidisciplinary trends in the care of the trauma patients, and apply them appropriately in individual practices.
- Implement new standards and practices related to the care of the trauma patient.
- Develop new skills in the initial management of the patient with traumatic injuries.
- Implement current trends in trauma. Surgical critical care management in the ICU setting.
- Improve access to trauma center resources for injured patients from around the region.