University of Rochester Medical Center Symposium: A Focus on Regional Anesthesia, Airway Management and Pain Management
Online registration for this program is no longer available.
Onsite registration for this event will be available on October 4th and October 5th at
The Inn on the Lake in Canandaigua.
The purpose of this symposium is to enhance current concepts in the practice and management of peripheral and neuraxial nerve blocks, the difficult airway and advanced pain issues to practicing physicians, nurse anesthetists, and students. Lectures by expert leaders in the field along with small group hands on workshops to facilitate individual education promises a successful learning experience.
At the conclusion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Explain some of the current strengths, limitations, and controversies in image-guided nerve blocks
- Discuss the regulatory issues surrounding the performance of perineural blockade
- Identify nerve anatomy on a cadaver and sonographically on a model
- Describe proper body mechanics and facility design for performing nerve blocks
- Compare different ultrasound machines currently on the market
- Identify airway anatomy and various techniques to approach difficult airway
- Describe current practices/techniques in pain medicine
Friday, October 4, 2013 - Sunday, October 6, 2013
3:00 PM - 1:30 PM
Eastern Time Zone