Unraveling the Ghosts of Panoramic Radiographs
Anita Gohel, BDS, PhD, FICD
Professor and Program Director, Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology
The Ohio State University College of Dentistry
Diplomate, American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology
Friday, May 12, 2017
8:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Davis Heart & Lung Research Institute (OSU Campus)
CE Credits: 4.0
Course Format: Lecture/Discussion
Panoramic radiographs provide an image of both jaws and the dentition in a single film. Accurate patient positioning is critical to ensure a diagnostic panoramic image. This course will address the proper steps to obtain a superb panoramic image. Attendees will gain knowledge with case-based interpretation of panoramic radiographs, and commonly seen errors. Attendees will also learn how to systematically read a panoramic radiograph to identify and diagnose any pathological lesions.
• Understand the steps required to take a proper panoramic radiograph and
be able to identify and correct errors
• Review real and ghost formations
• Demonstrate ability to identify and correct the errors with a case-based self-assessment
• Understand normal panoramic anatomy
• Diagnose common pathological lesions seen on panoramic images
• Identify carotid artery calcifications and osteoporosis on a panoramic radiograph
Friday, May 12, 2017 9:00 AM - 12:00 PMEastern Time Zone
Add to Calendar
Davis Heart & Lung Institute, Room 170473 W. 12th Ave.Columbus, Ohio 43210
Get Driving Directions
OSU Continuing Dental Education
Cvent Online Event Registration Software | Copyright © 2000-2017 Cvent, Inc. All rights reserved.