Please click on the workshop title below to see the address of the training location and the workshop description.
Wednesday, June 7, 2017
Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare
2720 Liberty Road NW
Roanoke VA 24012
This training focuses on the intersection of tobacco, electronic cigarettes and marijuana as well as new electronic delivery systems for both nicotine and other substances. This changing landscape, especially among youth includes e-cigarettes, hookah pens, vape pens and mods delivering flavored nicotine liquids: new heat-not-burn products that produce fumes, flavored little cigars, both regular and electronic; synthetic marijuana and liquid THC, which can aerosolized. The session will also include new FDA regulations on deemed tobacco products.
Key Learning Objectives:
• Describe the new paradigm of the intersection of tobacco, electronic cigarettes and marijuana as well as new electronic devices being the delivery system for both nicotine and other substances.
• Review all the new electronic cigarettes, hookah pens, vape pens and mods delivering flavored nicotine liquids.
• Describe electronic devices using synthetic marijuana and liquid THC and the pro- duced aerosolize.
• Discuss the health impacts of using these devices--nicotine, marijuana, chemical con- tents, addiction, body systems affected, etc.
• Describe the health risks of exposure of secondhand aerosol, especially among youth and various vulnerable population groups.
• Examine the issue of child poisoning related to exposure to e-liquid nicotine.
• Discuss marketing strategies--who is involved and what are the target audiences?
• Discuss current regulations and policies --describe in detail the new federal FDA regulations.
Cvent Online Event Registration Software | Copyright © 2000-2017 Cvent, Inc. All rights reserved.