This event is closed. If you have any questions, please contact the planner directly.
Are you ready for an amazing year of reading? Virtual Book Clubs (all book clubbers and I will meet via an online classroom using the program Zoom which I send a link for each month. They can do this book club wherever their computer is in their own home) are changing this year into more of a Literature Circle Model, which is exciting as I will be able to connect more with students on a book for more than just one hour.
We will be meeting on a bi-weekly basis online for 4 times on each book. Our meetings online will consist of lots of discussion including inquiry-guided questions and also each student will have their own job assignment to share. It will be essential for students to attend each session (as much as is possible) as their job will be super important to the group. We will also continue with the blogging on Kidblog, which has been super successful. Our book list will include 4 great novels over the year. We read 8 last year and met for 8 times and this year we will read 4 novels and meet 16 times. Soooo much fun! Students have often asked me if we could meet more often and now this will happen. More meaningful discussions, great critical thinking, and building a stronger community of students who love to read! Sounds like a wonderful year to me! Please join in!
**Specific schedule will be sent to participants following the deadline.
Books for the 2016-2017 School Year:
The BFG by Roald Dahl
The Door in the Wall by Marguerite de Angeli
Underground to Canada by Barbara Smucker
The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick
*Students are responsible to provide their own copy of each book.
**Virtual link will be sent out to participants following the application deadline.
Time: 9:00-10:00am class is full. Additional time slot has been added for further participants at 1-2pm.
Suitable for Grade 4-6
# of participants: 12
Heritage Community cost: $50
General Community cost: $65
HCOS priority until:
Application deadline: October 6th
For questions, please contact email@example.com
**Payment by PO# or credit card.
* This is an application to attend this Learning Group event. After the application deadline, you will be sent a notification of acceptance along with a corresponding payment link to complete the registration.
* Upon submission (when you click submit at the end of the online application), you will automatically receive a confirmation note that your response has been recorded.
* Heritage Community students will be given application priority.
* Learning Group fees are non-refundable once you complete this application. If you are unable to attend, private arrangements may be made in consultation with the coordinator.
*We wish to support students that may have challenges in a group setting.
Students will be accepted once their teacher has emailed the Coordinator and confirmed that the student is able to function well in the environment.
* Thank you for including care card numbers as requested to provide coordinator ready access to medical info in case of an emergency.
**At this time, we are only able to process one payment method per family i.e. PO# OR Credit Card, but not a combination thereof i.e. HCOS enrolled students (and 1 parent chaperone if applicable) may be paid for by selecting HCOS student PO#, however payment in full via credit card would need to be selected for all other scenarios i.e. event involving Heritage Community Enrolled/ Registered/ General Community students from the same family. Thank you for your understanding.
Cvent Online Event Registration Software | Copyright © 2000-2017 Cvent, Inc. All rights reserved.