After a successful conference and live webinar, the ICCLR has published the webcast for on-demand viewing. Experts from across B.C. presented this first of a series of professional development days, for local government related professionals, on issues relating to conflict of interest, fraud and corruption.
• what are and are not conflicts of interest, fraud and corruption
• standards of conduct the law requires of staff and elected officials
• issues in local government ethics from the view of an experienced CAO
• what to do in order to best mitigate risks before they happen
• practical methods and tools to help you identify issues when they are happening
• lessons learnt from real-life examples
• challenges of infrastructure and resource projects
• an overview of tools and practices to respond if any issues occur
This on-demand webinar will interest:
• Local government mayors, officials, officers, councilors, managers and planners
• Municipal directors
• Municipal legal counsel
• Lawyers practicing municipal law
• Risk managers
• Developers and engineers
• Consultants to local government
• Financial auditors
• Law enforcement officials
• Academics practicing good governance, public policy and local government management / administration
The Law Society of British Columbia has approved this webinar as an archived webcast for 6 hours of Continuing Professional Development (CPD) credits. The webinar must be viewed with another lawyer or articling student in order to be eligible for CPD credits.
Cvent Online Event Registration Software | Copyright © 2000-2016 Cvent, Inc. All rights reserved.