This class is designed to allow students to centrally manage workstations and servers with Group Policy Objects (GPOs) within a Windows Active Directory domain. In class we will start at the beginning with defining what Group Policy is and what can be accomplished by using Group Policies within your organization. We will create simple group policies and test their effectiveness on a windows 7machine. We will explore some advanced Group Policy subjects such as redirecting user data and folders, deploying software and finish with using Group Policy Preferences to Map Drives and clean out folders.
Students will be able to implement policies within a Windows 2008r2 Active Directory domain to increase efficiency and productivity for system administrators. Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to perform the following tasks:
- Implement Group Policy best practices
- Create a Group Policy Object (GPO)
- Delete a GPO
- Set delegation rights on a GPO
- Create Reports
- Backup and Restore Group Policy Objects
- Redirect User folders
- Deploy Software via Group Policy
- Restrict the use of software via Group Policy
- Map a drive with Group Policy Preferences
- Target GPP’s to specific clients
- Troubleshoot Group Policy issues
Prerequisite: Introduction to Windows 2008 Server Administration or equivalent experience.