The Changing Demographics and Experience of Women in Agribusiness
The First Comprehensive Study of Women in Agribusiness
There are three ways you and your company can participate in the Women in Agribusiness study:
1. An HR representative in your company can complete a survey on the demographics of women in your company. The survey will take 20 minutes, only needs to be filled out by one person per company and can be accessed at: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/WIAStudy
2. You can share your experience as a woman in agribusiness by taking a brief, anonymous survey at the following link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/FYHPPPC. The survey will take approximately 20 minutes and can be taken by as many women in your company as are willing and able.
3. If your company has a women's initiative currently in place, allow us to conduct a brief interview with a person related to it's management to understand what benefits are being offered and their success. To volunteer for an interview, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why this is important: Evidence exists supporting the numerous benefits of having a more gender-diverse workplace, including a strong link between the proportion of women on executive committees and corporate performance. While a large amount of information exists regarding women in other business sectors, very little is known about how many women are currently employed in agribusiness, what leadership positions they have obtained, and what women uniquely contribute to the agribusinesses for which they work.
The initiative: HighQuest Partners, LLC is embarking on an in-depth study to understand the current representation of women in agribusiness, their experience in agribusiness, and the most effective strategies for recruiting, retaining, and enabling women to thrive and advance within agribusinesses.
HighQuest Partners’ study will answer the following questions:
- How many women are employed and hold leadership positions in agribusinesses all along the agriculture value chain?
- How does women’s representation in agribusiness compare to other business sectors?
- What is the experience of women in agribusiness?
- What motivates women to perform their best?
- What challenges and concerns do women have?
- What do women uniquely contribute to the companies for which they work?
- What are the most effective recruitment, retention, and professional advancement strategies for gender-inclusion at an individual, organizational, and industry level?
The value of this report: Increasing women’s participation and leadership will improve the competitiveness and performance of agribusinesses. In order to recruit, retain, and advance women through their ranks, agribusinesses must implement proven strategies for promoting gender-diverse workplaces. This report will support companies in reaching their gender-inclusion goals by providing up to date and cutting-edge knowledge and insight on this important topic.
This report will support companies in reaching their goals for gender-inclusion by providing:
- Up to date data regarding women's current participation in agribusiness, compared to other business sectors
- Rich qualitative data regarding the experience and concerns of women and men at all professional levels from a representative sample of ~150 agribusinesses worldwide
- Specific recommendations regarding the effective gender-inclusion strategies that have been developed and implemented thus far by leaders in small, medium, and large-sized companies