This workshop will provide valuable information and resources for any person responsible for wound care in their facility.
- Basic information on how wounds heal normally and the relationship with delayed healing
- Descriptions of common moist wound healing and traditional treatments and the principles governing appropriate dressing selection
- Methods of storing and handling dressing materials in line with infection control principles of noncontamination
- Methods of promoting good skin health in the presence of excessive moisture (incontinence, PEG tubes, skin folds) and management of superficial skin tears
- Understanding the difference between colonisation and infection for appropriate wound infection treatment
- Understand the principles of pressure injury prevention
- Understanding the principles of leg ulcer assessment and management
A holistic approach to the subject of wound care will ensure this workshop does not target specific products and companies, but provides generic information about the wide range of wound care products, their uses for specific residents and specific problems.