Meeting Planning in Columbus, OH
Greater Columbus Convention Center an ASM Global Facility
Located in the heart of Columbus' bustling entertainment districts, the SMG-managed Greater Columbus Convention Center (GCCC) completed a $140 million renovation and expansion in July 2017.
With hotel-quality touches and lots of natural light, the 1.8-million-square-foot facility features 373,000 square feet of contiguous exhibit space; 75 meeting rooms (nine with outside windows); three ballrooms (totaling 114,000 square feet of space), including the largest in Ohio, the Battelle Grand Ballroom; 4,000 onsite parking spaces; and two quick-service food and beverage areas featuring local purveyors.
Additional first-class offerings include:
- A freestanding nursing mother's room.
- A hydroponic vertical Smartfarm that yields 5,000 pounds of produce per year for use in the facility, with unused items going to local charities. This is one of the GCCC's many green initiatives.
- Smart City internet capable of hosting 20,000 simultaneous users in meeting rooms and exhibit halls. All public spaces and meeting rooms offer free Wi-Fi.
- More than 2,250 connected or adjacent hotel rooms, with a total of 4,250 downtown.
- An interactive, 14-foot LED sculpture titled “As We Are,” just one of more than 150 pieces of local art on display as part of the Franklin County Convention Facilities Authority's art collection.
- A Guest Service Center offering a full-service business center, including copying and faxing, along with shipping and packaging services.
- An onsite Experience Columbus Visitor Center for destination information, trail passport redemptions, and more.
The Ohio Expo Center & State Fair
Just five minutes north of downtown Columbus and only seven minutes from John Glenn Columbus International Airport, the Ohio Expo Center is an expansive, multiuse complex featuring more than 20 buildings. Host to 185-plus events annually, including the Ohio State Fair and All American Quarter Horse Congress, this 360-acre complex can accommodate everything from small meeting groups to large conventions.
With more than 1 million square feet of event space under roof, on-site parking for 12,000 vehicles, seating for 20,000 people, and ties for 2,000 cattle, the Ohio Expo Center is one of the most flexible and accommodating sites available. The campus includes historic turn-of-the-century pavilions, modern livestock facilities, dynamic multipurpose buildings, a basketball court, an ice rink, and a 10,000-seat arena. Several hundred hotel rooms are located adjacent to the Expo Center, while thousands more are situated within just a few miles. Amenities include paved and controlled lighted parking, catering services, comfortable air-conditioned spaces, concession stands, high-speed Internet access, and audiovisual equipment.
Columbus, OH Meeting Venue Spotlight
The convention and visitors bureau for Greater Columbus, Experience Columbus works closely with meeting professionals to create a positive and unmatched Columbus experience for all visitors. The staff is ready and willing to provide planners with complimentary services, such as preparing formal invitations on behalf of the city; finding Columbus meeting facilities; making presentations to boards, committees, and general assemblies; and arranging for and hosting site inspections. Convention staff is also on hand with services such as promotional materials, on-site Experience Columbus ambassadors, customized referrals to local services, and much more to ensure that your attendees have terrific memories of their experiences in the city.