Guidelines for Sending E-Mails to Denver Health Patients
Messages are intended to be similar to greeting cards sent to patients; they are deliverable to patients only, specifically to those whose status is inpatient. We apologize, but we cannot deliver messages to patients coming to the hospital for same day surgery, outpatient or clinic visits.
- Messages are delivered by Volunteer Services during normal business hours, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Messages of an inappropriate nature will immediately be destroyed without delivery.
- Messages are only delivered to patients listed in the hospital directory.
- Messages are hand-delivered to the patient's room within 24-hours of the following business day from when the message was sent (e.g. messages sent at 6 p.m. on Wednesday, will be forwarded to the patient before 8 a.m. Friday). If the patient is no longer a patient of the hospital or is not listed in the hospital directory, the message will be discarded without delivery.
- Please be aware that your message to a Denver Health patient is not confidential. Denver Health employees will print your greeting, read it to ensure appropriateness of content and deliver it to the applicable patient.
Denver Health reserves the right to refuse to deliver any greeting if it determines, for whatever reason, that the greeting is inappropriate. In no event shall Denver Health be liable to you or anyone else for any damages, fees, fines, penalties or liabilities arising out of or relating in any way to the content contained in your patient greeting.