In this episode of How Great Events Happen, Cody and Brooke sit down with Tony Wagner from CWT Meetings & Events to discuss our role as industry professionals to help put an end to this human right's violation.
What to Listen for:
- What is human trafficking?
- How to look for signs as it happens in 'plain sight.'
- Busted myths about human trafficking.
- The reason this impact meetings and events.
- How to train staff to watch for key signs.
- A clear program impact: 35M impressions and 15,000 trained.
- Create a plan and ask about vendor policy.
- Be on the lookout, train yourself, and train others.
Who is Tony Wagner?
A 20-year leader at CWT, Tony has held numerous commercial roles in business travel before taking the role as VP for CWT Meetings & Events in the United States in 2007. In addition to his contributions within CWT, Tony has a strong passion for community involvement and service leadership having been a 4-term Minnetonka City Council Member, a GBTA Meetings Committee member, Co-Chair of Hotel Committee for Super Bowl XII, and a current member of the University of Minnesota Alumni Association Board of Directors. Tony’s efforts have been recognized and he was named as of the “Forty Under 40” in the Twin Cities and multiple internal recognitions including receiving two CEO Awards and two top performer awards.
Want more? See Tony Wagner at Cvent CONNECT 2019
See Tony Wagner at Cvent CONNECT 2019 in Las Vegas, NV on July 10th at 3:00pm during the session Industry Trend: An Open and Honest Dialogue Around Human Trafficking.