Cvent CONNECT 2016 is quickly approaching, and we’ve put together an incredible lineup of speakers for our hospitality audience. Our breakout session topics range from emerging group business trends to new marketing tactics and expert planner panels. Keep reading for our list of the ten breakout sessions you won’t want to miss at this year’s Cvent CONNECT:
- The Rise of Millennial and Gen Z Planners: Adapt or Lose Millennial and Gen Z planners march to the beat of a different drum than their Gen X counterparts, which means hotels and venues must tailor sales and marketing strategies in order to attract and gain loyalty from these planners. In this session, we’ll dive deep into the major characteristics of Millennials and Gen Z, and provide actionable tips on how hospitality professionals can best work with these different generations of planners.
- The Planner Perspective: What Hospitality Professionals Can Learn from Their Clients Obtaining repeat business is dependent upon establishing deep relationships with your planner clients. In order to forge strong planner relationships, it’s important to understand what they value most when working with your venue. In this session, we’ll hear from a hotelier and planner who have mastered what it takes to build a mutually beneficial business relationship.
- Why the Biggest Threat to Your Business Isn’t Other Hotels If you think the biggest threat to your group business is your comp set, think again. The stadium downtown, the warehouse down the street, and the condos next door are all competing for your venue’s group business thanks to the sharing economy. In this session, we’ll dig into how the sharing economy is changing the group business landscape and how your venue can operate within it (and succeed).
- Rules of Attraction: How Content Marketing Captivates the Perfect Audience Did you know that content marketing generated $12.11 billion in 2014 revenue for the U.S.? Content marketing is an essential tool in every savvy marketer’s toolkit, and hotels are no exception. In this session, you’ll learn applicable tips about how to best use content marketing to help drive revenue for your venue.
- Focus Groups During our focus group breakout sessions, the presenter-attendee roles will be reversed, and we want you to share your thoughts and expertise with Cvent moderators. You will also be privy to upcoming product details and have the opportunity to shape these new products to ensure they best meet the needs of your venue and venues around the world.
- The New Group Business: Emerging Group Business and Convention Segments and How to Attract Them The makeup of group business is rapidly changing. Meetings and conventions still bring in a significant chunk of group business revenue dollars, but emerging group business segments such as hackathons and fitness competitions are gaining popularity. In this session, we’ll explore emerging group business segments and hear from planners within these segments about how to best attract their business.
- There’s No “I” in DMO: Becoming Your Hotel’s Hero There is a delicate balance between gaining the respect of hotel partners and trust of planners. How do you act as the most effective “middle man” so that both parties don’t bypass you? Panelists from CVB’s and DMO's of varying sizes will discuss how they position themselves as consultants to hotels and utilize Cvent to build up group business.
- Does Your Digital Strategy Byte: Create a Better Online Marketing Plan If a picture is worth a thousand words, the technology for sharing it to the world is worth millions. With nearly 600 hospitality brands now in global operation, the key question is, what makes your brand stand out from the crowd? Learn how to break through the noise and discover practical tips to develop a strategic online marketing plan and achieve ultimate success in group business.
- Best Practices & Worst Case Scenarios: Using Data to Make Strategic Marketing Decisions It's one thing to see your group business data, but how can you use that data to take action? In this session, we'll show you how to read and apply your group business data in a way that help improve your marketing strategy and make smarter group business decisions.
- Survey Says: Feedback Boosts Repeat Group Business Getting to the root of what is most important for planners and transient travelers can often be a daunting task. Where do you begin? With a sophisticated feedback program, you can uncover trends and insights that can enhance how you market and generate demand for various types of customers. In this session, we will review the key takeaways from Cvent’s very own benchmark study so that you can start putting survey program best practices into place.
The above sessions are sure to inspire new and bigger ideas about how to get the most out of your venue’s group business opportunities, and we can’t wait to see you there! Haven’t registered for Cvent CONNECT? Join us and close to 3,000 hospitality and event professionals for great content, networking, and fun in Las Vegas from June 26 through June 30.