IDA is pleased to offer a limited number of scholarships for current educators to attend the 68th Annual Reading, Literacy & Learning Conference in Atlanta, Georgia. This year's Conference is being held at the Hyatt Regency Atlanta from Nov. 8-11, 2017. For more information about the Conference, visit our website.
Please review the guidelines below prior to beginning your scholarship application:
- This scholarship covers registration fees only. Recipients are responsible for their own travel, hotel accommodations and any other expenses.
- Please do not apply unless your school has agreed to give you time off and you are able to cover your travel and accommodation expenses.
- Applicants should NOT register for the Conference until AFTER receiving confirmation of either acceptance or denial. Should applicants register and pay for the Conference prior to receiving confirmation, you will automatically be disqualified from receiving the scholarship.
- Applicants are required to submit an essay of no more than 600 words that includes the following:
- Your current level of experience related to dyslexia,
- Where and how you encounter dyslexia on a daily basis, and
- How you will utilize your attendance at the Conference to enhance your abilities as an educator.
- Please write this essay prior to beginning your scholarship application, so you can upload the completed essay during the application process.
Application Deadline: June 16, 2017
Applicants will be notified by June 30, 2017 of the status of their application.
This application portal automatically times out after 30 minutes.