Reggie Aggarwal, Founder, CEO and Chairman
Reggie Aggarwal is the CEO and Founder of Cvent (NYSE:CVT), a publicly-traded cloud -based software company focused on event management. Aggarwal led Cvent from a two-person startup to a 1,900+ person company. Cvent has helped more than 15,800 organizations manage hundreds of thousands of events.
In August 2013, Cvent raised $135 million during its IPO and is listed on the New York Stock Exchange. In July 2011, Aggarwal also led the company’s first round of funding in over a decade — a $136 million investment — which the Wall Street Journal at the time called the largest in the software industry since 2007.
In October 2013, Aggarwal was named CEO of the Year by the Washington Business Journal. He has also been named Entrepreneur of the Year for the Washington, DC area by Ernst & Young, a rising star by Forbes Magazine, one of the 100 Top Tech Titans by Washingtonian Magazine for three years, and one of the 25 most influential people in the meetings industry by MeetingNews and Business Travel News. He has been featured in over 100 articles in publications such as The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, Business Week, USA Today, Forbes, and The Washington Post, and has appeared on CNBC, ABC News, CBS News, and CNN as an authority on meetings and technology.
Reggie is Founder and Chairman Emeritus of the Indian CEO High Tech Council (now the DC Chapter of TiE), which The Washington Post said was "maybe the singularly most successful association in the past decade." Reggie was also appointed by the Governor of Virginia as Chairman of the Chief Information Officers Advisory Commission. He has served on the global board of trustees of TiE and Sales and Marketing Executive International, and on the board of the Greater Washington Board of Trade, Inova Healthcare System, and the DC Chamber of Commerce.
Reggie graduated with a BS degree from the University of Virginia, a Juris Doctorate from Washington and Lee University Law School, and an LLM (post-law degree) from Georgetown University Law School. Reggie has also received an Honorary Doctorate from Southeastern University for his contribution to the community.
- LLM: Georgetown University Law School
- JD: Washington and Lee University Law School
- BS: University of Virginia
- 2011 Top 100 Tech Titan by Washingtonian Magazine
- Washington Business Journal Recognizes Cvent as One of the "Best Places to Work" in Greater Washington
- 2010 Corporate Achievement Award from Asian Caucus
- Cvent Wins Coveted American Business Award for Management Team of the Year
Articles & Media
- How Reggie Aggarwal turned Cvent into a success
The Washington Post
- Boostrapping Builds Strength, Cvent Founder Says
The New York Times
- There and Back Again – How Cvent's Founder Stood By His Company, For Better or Bankruptcy
- Dot-Com Survivor Cvent Nabs $136M in Biggest Software Deal Since 2007
The Wall Street Journal