Emerald green waterways, unspoiled wilderness and snow-capped mountain peaks; these sights have been enticing and inspiring would-be travelers to the Canadian Rockies for more than a century.
Just an hour from Calgary’s urban bustle yet a world away tucked in the bosom of Canada’s Rocky Mountains, Canmore Kananaskis is a premier meeting and event destination. With world-class services, spectacular scenery and a welcoming atmosphere conveyed by its diverse population, Canmore Kananaskis has successfully hosted events ranging from intimate weddings to the G8 Summit.
Offering 3,000 beds and all forms of accommodation and conference space from boutique hotels to spacious banquet halls and award-winning cuisine, Canmore Kananaskis is the obvious and accessible choice for staging almost any event in Canada's Rocky Mountains.
Surrounded by a sprawling Rocky Mountain playground, Canmore Kananaskis serves up a buffet brimming with authentic Canadian mountain experiences, ranging from mountain biking to rock climbing, canoeing, whitewater rafting and horseback riding in summer; and cross-country and downhill skiing, snowshoeing, ice fishing, ice skating and sled dog tours in winter.
At Tourism Canmore Kananaskis, we know that researching potential destinations for meetings, retreats and events can be very time consuming. We also recognize the need for accessibility, accurate information and an effective point of contact. To that end, Tourism Canmore Kananaskis is here to answer all your questions and connect you with the appropriate partners in a timely manner.
• Canmore is located on the eastern slopes of the Canadian Rockies, 88 kilometres (55 miles) west of Calgary, Alberta.
• World-famous golf courses, mountain-biking trails, pristine lakes, white-water rivers, scenic horseback riding trails.
• Surrounded by unspoiled alpine wilderness, protected by national and provincial parks
• Offering hotels and accommodations to fit any budget. From full-service resorts to quaint mountain chalets.
• Canmore Kananaskis is known for its unique condo hotels, features large living spaces, kitchens, and balconies overlooking the majestic Canadian Rockies.
• Canmore boasts more than 75 restaurant experiences celebrating a variety of diverse cuisines.
• Cuisine ranges from Italian, Mexican, French, Brazilian, Japanese, Gastro-Pubs, and Steakhouses.
• Located in the heart of downtown Canmore, The Grizzly Paw Brewery offers 12 microbrewed beers and 7 low calorie hand crafted sodas on tap.
• With four incomparable seasons and expansive wilderness, the possibilities for your Canmore Kananaskis experience are limited only by your willingness to explore from Main Street to mountain trails
• Canmore Kananaskis boasts an extensive network of trails and hikes for the novice and the expert. Discover the postcard-worthy river loop next to downtown, or explore the backcountry and encounter nature like you have never seen it before!
• Navigate the rush of the whitewater on a glacier-fed river on a guided rafting trip
• 4 of Canada’s best ski resorts are within a 45 minute drive
• Home of the Canmore Nordic Centre, developed for the 1988 Olympic Games. Today it is still a world-class facility providing recreational opportunities all year round from Mountian Biking and Disc Golf to hosting international Cross Country and Biathalon events in the winter.
• Meeting and event organizers will find Canmore Kananaskis’ service capacity for mid-size Meetings and Incentive Travel groups from 50-600 to be absolutely exemplary, with full-service properties exceeding the expectations of the most discerning guests.